عنوان مقاله [English]
In order to evaluate the intercropping of Sweet corn and Okra affected by vermicompost and urea fertilizer a field experiment was conducted at research field of Tarbiat Modares University during 2015 spring and summer. In this research effect of five mixing ratio of sweet corn/okra including: 100:0 (sweet corn monoculture), 75:25, 50:50, 25:75 and 0:100 (okra monoculture) and two nutrition systems consisted of chemical (urea) and organic (vermicompost) were investigated with factorial arrangement of treatments based on randomized complete block design with three replications. The results showed that factors interaction on the number of desirable ear, sweet corn yield and okra seed yield were significant (P≤ 0.01). Also mixing ratio effect on sweet corn 100 kernel weight (P≤ 0.05), okra 1000 kernel weight and the number of fruits square meter (P≤ 0.01) was significant. According to mean comparisons the highest sweet corn yields (9614.58 kg.ha-1) and okra (2848.65 kg.ha-1) was obtained in their monoculture receiving the chemical fertilizer. The highest LER (2.10) was obtained in 50:50 treatment under vermicompost nutrition system followed by 75:25 under same nutrition system (LER=1.93). Also competition index evaluation in the different treatment confirmed the rating of superior treatments.
10. Elsen T.V. (2000) . Species diversity as a task for organic agriculture in Europe. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 77:101-109.
11. Eskandari, H. & Ghanbari, A. (2011). Evaluation of competition and complementarity of corn (Zea mays) and cowpea (Vigna sinensis) intercropping for nutrient consumption. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production, 21(2): 67-75. (In Farsi).
12. Fageria, N.K. & Baligar, V.C. (2005). Enhancing nitrogen use efficiency in crop plants. Advances in Agronomy, 88: 97-185.
13. Griffe P., Metha S. & Shankar D. (2003). Organic Production of Medicinal, Aromatic and Dye-Yielding Plants: forward, preface and introduction.FAO.
14. Guarda, G., Padovan, S. & Delogu, G. (2004). Grain yield, nitrogen-use efficiency and baking quality of old and modern Italian bread-wheat cultivars grown at different nitrogen levels. European Journal of Agronomy, 21: 181– 192.
15. Helenius, J. (1990). Plant size,nutrient composition and biomass productivity of oats and faba bean in intercropping, and the effects controlling Rhopalosiphum padi (Hom.,Aphididae) on these properties. Journal of Agricultural Science in Finland, 62:21-31.
16. Hongchun, X., Shen, H., Zhang, L., Zhang, Y., Guo, X., Wang, P. & Zuo, Y. (2013). Comparative proteomic analysis for assessment of the ecological significance of maize and peanut intercropping. Journal of Proteomics, 78, 447-460.
17. Jayathi,C. (1994). Production potential of compatible fodder cereal-legume mixtures in the North-Western. Zone of Tamil Nadu. Madras Agricultural Journal India, 81(8).
18. Jensen. E.S. (1996). Grain yield, symbiotic N2 fixation and interspecific competition for inorganic N in pea-barley intercrop. Plant and Soil, 182: 25-38.
19. Kizilkaya, R. (2008). Yield response and nitrogen concentrations of spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) inoculated with Azotobacter chroococcum strains. Ecological Engineering, 33: 150–156.
20. Liu, E., Yan, C., Mei, X., He, W., Bing, S.H., Ding, L., Liu, Q., Liu, S. & Fan, T. (2010). Long-term effect of chemical fertilizer, straw, and manure on soil chemical and biological properties in northwest China. Geoderma, 158: 173–180.
21. Maganha, E. G., Halmenschlager, R. d. C., Rosa, R. M., Henriques, J. A. P., Ramos, A. L. L. d. P. & Saffi, J. (2010). Pharmacological evidences for the extracts and secondary metabolites from plants of the genus Hibiscus. Food Chemistry, 118(1): 1-10.
22. Mandal, B.K., Ghosh, R.K., Das, N.C. & Choudhury, A.K.S. (1987). Studies on cotton based multiple cropping. Experimental Agriculture, 23(4): 443-450.
23. Masuda, T. & Goldsmith, P. D. (2014). World soybean production: Area harvested, yield, and long-term projections. The international Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 12(4), 143-162.
24. Mazaheri, D. (1994). Intercropping. Tehran University Publications. 262 P. (In Farsi).
25. Mokhtarpoor, H., S.A. Sadat, M.T. Bozy. & A.R. Sabery. (2000). Date of planting and plant density effects on the sweet corn yield. Iranian Journal of Agronomy Science. 8(2): 171- 183. (in Farsi).
26. Morris, R.A. Villegan, A.N., Polthanee, A. & Centeno, H.S. (1990). Water use by monocropped and intercropped cowpea and sorghum after rice. Agronomy, 82: 664-668.
27. Muoneke, C.O. & Ndukwe, O. (2008). Effects of plant population and spatial arrangement on the productivity of okra/Amaranthus intercropping system. Agronomy Science, 7 (1): 54-66.
28. Myaka, F.M., Sakala, W.D., Adu-Gyamfi, J.J., Kamalongo, D., Ngwira, A., Odgaard, R., Nielsen, N.E. & Hogh- Jensen, H. (2006). Yields and accumulations of N and P in farmer-managed intercrops of maize-pigeonpea in semiarid Africa. Plant and Soil, 285: 207-220.
29. Nassiri-Mahallati, M. (2000). Modelling of Crop Growth Processes Agroecology. Ferdowsi University of Mashhad Publication, Mashhad, Iran. (In Farsi).
30. Ofosu-Anim, J. & Limbani, N.V. (2007). Effect of intercropping on the growth and yield of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) and Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus L.). International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 8: 594-597.
31. Padmavathiamma, P.K., Li, L.Y. & Kumari, U.R. (2008). An experimental study of vermin-biowaste composting for agriculture soil improvement. Bioresource Technology, 99: 1672-1681.
32. Pandita, AK., Saha, MH. & Bali, AS. (2000). Effect of row ratio in cereal- legume intercropping system on productivity and competition functions under Kashmir condition. Indian Journal Agronomy, 45: 48-53.
33. Parajulee, M.N., Montandon, R. & Slosser, J.E. (1997). Relay intercropping to enhance abundance of insect predators of cotton aphid (Aphis gossypii Glover.) in Texas cotton. International Journal of Pest Management, 43: 227–232.
34. Raja Sekar, K. & Karmegan, N. (2010). Earthworm casts as an alternate carrier material for biofertilizers: Assessment of endurance and viability of Azotobacter chroococcum, Bacillus megaterium and Rhizobiumleguminosarum. Scientia Horticulturae, 124: 286-289.
35. Robinson, R.G. (1984). Sunflower for strip row,and relay intercropping. Agronomy Journal, 76: 43-46.
36. Sangwan, P., Kaushik, C.P. & Garg, V.K. (2008). Feasibility of utilization of horse dung spiked filter cake in vermicomposters using exotic earthworm Eisenia foetida. Bioresource Technology, 99: 2442-2448.
37. Scheffer M.C. & Koehler H.S. (1993). Influence of organic fertilization on the biomass, yield and yield composition of the essential oil of Achillea millefolium. Acta Horticulture, 331:109-114.
38. Seyed Sharifi, R., Farzaneh, S., Kashiri, H. & Dabbagh Mohammadi Nasab, A. (2004). Evaluation competition and yield of two soybean cultivars under pure stand and intercropping systems. Journal of Agriculture Science, 16(4)-64: 95-102. (In Farsi).
39. Shivaramu,H.S. & Shivashnkar, K. (1992). Performance of sunflower and soybean in intercropping with different plant population and patterns. Indian of Agronomy, 37(2): 231-236.
40. Staniak, M., Księzak, J. & Bojarszczuk, J. (2014). Mixtures of Legumes with Cereals as a Source of Feed for Animals. Organic Agriculture Towards Sustainability (pp. 123-145). INTECH. https://doi.org/10.5772/ 58358.
41. Tofinga, M.P., Paolini, R. & Snaydon, R.W. (1993). A study of root and shoot interactions between cereals and peas in mixtures. Journal of Agricultural Science Cambridge, 120: 13-24.
42. Tohidy Nejad, E., Mazaheri, D. & Koocheki, A. (2004). Study of maize and sunflower intercroppind. Pajouhesh & sazandegi. ndegi & Pajouhesh of Journal, 64: 39-45. (In Farsi).
43. Triplett, Jr. G.B. (1962). Intercrops in corn and soybean cropping systems. Agronomy Journal, 54: 106-109.
44. Zand, B. & Ghaffari Khaliq, H. (2002). Evalluation of grain sorghum-Cowpea intercropping under different planting patterns. Proceeding of the 7th Iranian Congress of Crop Sciences, 24-26 Aug. 2002. Karaj, Iran (In Persian).
45. Zulfigar, A., Asghar Malik, M. & Cheema, M.A. (2000). Studies on determining a suitable canola – wheat intercropping. Agriculture Biology, 2(1): 42-44.