نوع مقاله : مقاله پژوهشی
عنوان مقاله [English]
Field experiment was carried out as split-plot based on randomized complete block design with three replications in 2017, to evaluate physiological and morphological performance and oil yield of coriander, in response to water limitation and foliar application of zinc. Treatments were four levels of water supply (irrigation after 70, 100, 130 and 160 mm evaporation from class A pan) and three levels of zinc foliar application (control (foliar application of water), foliar application of zinc with 3 g ZnSo4/L (Zn1) and foliar application of zinc with 6 g ZnSo4/L (Zn2)).Irrigation and foliar application treatments were allocated to main and sub plots, respectively. Decreasing water availability resulted in decreasing leaf relative water content and chlorophyll content. However, proline content of leaves enhanced under limited irrigation conditions. Mean leaf chlorophyll content significantly enhanced by exogenous spray of zinc with 6 g ZnSo4/L, compared with control. Decreasing water supply led to reduction in plant height, stem diameter, number of leaves per plant and grain yield. Foliar application of zinc with 6 g ZnSo4/L caused significant increase in plant height and grain yield. Oil percentage in the grains of coriander increased as a result of water deficit, but grain oil yield decreased with increasing irrigation intervals. Oil yield significantly enhanced by foliar application of zinc with 6 g ZnSo4/L. There was no significant difference between 3 and 6 g ZnSo4/L foliar application of zinc.This would become more important under conditions where water availability is limited.
10. Belin, C., Thomine, S. & Schroeder, J. I. (2010). Water balance and the regulation of stomatal movements. In: Pareek A., Sopory S.K., Bohnert H.J. and Govindjee (Ed). Abiotic stress adaptation in plants. (pp. 283-305.) Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands.
11. Davatgar, N., Neishabouri, M. R., Sepaskhah, A. R. & Soltani, A. (2009). Physiological and morphological responses of rice (Oryza sativa L.) to varying water stress management strategies. International Journal of Plant Production, 3, 19-32.
12. Fanaei, H., Keikha, H. & Piri, I. (2015). Effect of seed priming on grain and oil yield of safflower under water deficit conditions. Iranian Journal of Seed Science and Research, 2(2), 49-59. (In Farsi)
13. Fang, Y., Wang, L., Xin, Z., Zhao, L., An, X. & Hu, Q. (2008). Effect of foliar application of zinc, selenium, and iron fertilizers on nutrients concentration and yield of rice grain in China. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 56, 2079-2084.
14. Ghanbari, A. A., Shakiba, M. R., Toorchi, M. & Choukan, R. (2013). Morpho-physiological responses of common bean leaf to water deficit. European Journal of Experimental Biology, 3, 487-492.
15. Hacisalihoglu, G. & Lamply, A. (2009). Specific changes in leaf characteristics of two bean genotypes as affected by Zn efficiency. Proceeding of 10th International Plant Nutrition Colloquium. Plant Nutrition for Sustainable Development, August 26-30, UC Davis, USA, pp. 15-23.
16. Hafeez, B., Khanif, Y. M. & Saleem, M. (2013). Role of zinc in plant nutrition - a review. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture, 3, 374-391.
17. Jaleel, C. A., Manivannan, P., Wahid, A., Farooq, M., Al-Juburi, H. J., Somasundaram, R. & Panneerselvam, R. (2009). Drought stress in plants: a review on morphological characteristics and pigments composition. International Journal ofAgriculture and Biology, 11, 100-105.
18. Jones, H. G. (2004). What is Water Use Efficiency? In: Bacon M.A. (Ed). Water use efficiency in plant biology. (pp. 27-41.) Blackwell, Oxford.
19. Karami, S. (2011). Effect of foliar application of zinc on quantitative and qualitative yield of soybean under water stress. MSc dissertation. Faculty of Agriculture, Tarbiat Modares University, Iran. (In Farsi)
20. Karami, S., Modarres-Sanavy, M., Ghanehpour, S. & Keshavarz, H. (2016). Effect of foliar zinc application on yield and, physiological traits and seed vigor of two soybean cultivars under water deficit. Notulae Scientia Biologicae, 8(2), 181-191.
21. Khan, H. R., McDonald, G. K. & Rengel, Z. (2004). Zinc fertilization and water stress affects water relations, stomatal conductance and osmotic adjustment in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Plant and Soil, 8, 267-284.
22. Laribi, B., Bettaieb, I., Kouki, K., Sahli, A., Mougou, A. & Mazrouk, B. (2009). Water deficit effects on caraway (Carum carvi L.) growth, essential oil and fatty acid composition. Industrial Crops and Products, 30, 372-379.
23. Lei, Y., Yin, C. & Li, C. (2006). Differences in some morphological, physiological and biochemical responses to drought stress in two contrasting populations of Populus przewalskii. Physiologia Plantarum, 127, 182-191.
24. Lisar, S. Y. S., Motafakkerazad, R., Hossain, M. M. & Rahman, I. M. M. (2012). Water Stress in Plants: causes, effects and responses. In: Rahman I. (Ed). Water Stress. (pp. 1-14.) In Tech Publications.
25. Mafakheri, A., Siosemardeh, A., Bahramnejad, B., Struik, P.C. & Sohrabi, Y. (2010). Effect of drought stress on yield, proline and chlorophyll content in three Chickpea cultivars. Australian Journal of Crop Science, 4, 580-585.
26. Munne-Bosch, S., Schwarz, K. & Alegre, L. (1999). Alpha-tocopherol protection against drought-induced damage in Rosmarinus officinalis L. and Melissa officinalis L. Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung, 54, 698-703.
27. Nourzad, S., Ahmadian, A., Moghaddam, M. & Daneshfar, E. (2014). Effect of drought stress on yield, yield components and essential oil in coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) treated with organic and inorganic fertilizers. Journal of Crops Improvement, 2, 289-302. (In Farsi)
28. Olle, M. & Bender, I. (2010). The content of oils in umbelliferous crops and its formation. Agronomy Research, 8, 687-696.
29. Omidbeigi, R. (2000). Production and Processing of Medicinal Plants. Vol. 3, Astan Quds Razavi Press. (In Farsi)
30. Piikki, K., Winowiecki, L. A., Vagen, T. G., Parker, L. & Soderstorm, M. (2015). The importance of soil fertility constraints in modelling crop suitability under progressive climate change in Tanzania. Procedia Environmental Sciences, 29, 199-207.
31. Riaz, A., Younis, A., Taj, A. R., Karim, A., Tariq, U., Munir, S. & Riaz, S. (2013). Effect of drought stress on growth and flowering of marigold. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 45, 123-131.
32. Ritchie, S. W., Nguyen, H. T. & Holaday, A.S. (1990). Leaf water content and gas-exchange parameters of two wheat genotypes differing in drought resistance. Crop Science, 30, 105-111.
33. Sadeghzadeh, B. (2013). A review of zinc nutrition and plant breeding. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 1, 905-927.
34. Salaton, N. A., Norman, R. G. & Wilson, C. E. (2005). Effect of zinc source and application time on zinc uptake and grain yield of flood-irrigation rice. Agronomy Journal, 97, 272-278.
35. Sanchez-Blanco, J., Fernandez, T., Morales, A., Morte, A. & Alarcon, J. J. (2006). Variation in water stress, gas exchange, and growth in Rosmarinus officinalis plants infected with Glamus deserticola under drought conditions. Journal of Plant Physiology, 161, 675-682.
36. Seki, M., Umezawa, T., Urano, K. & Shinozaki, K. (2007). Regulatory metabolic networks in drought stress responses. Current Opinion in Plant Biology, 10, 296-302.
37. Setayesh-mehr, Z. & Ganjali, A. (2013). Effects of drought stress on growth and physiological characteristics of Anethum graveolens L. Iranian Journal of Horticultural Science, 27(1), 27-35.
38. Sharififar, F., Moshafi, M. H. & Mansouri, S. H. (2007). In vitro evaluation of antibacterial and antioxidant of the essential oil and methanol extract of endemic Zataria multiflora Boiss. Food Control, 18, 800-805.
39. Shubhra, K., Dayal, J., Goswami, C. L. & Munjal, R. (2004). Effects of water-deficit on oil of Calendula aerial parts. Biologia Plantarum, 48(3), 445-448.
40. Singh, G., Sarvanan, S., Rajwat, K. S., Rathore, J. S. & Singh, G. (2017). Effect of different micronutrient on plant growth, yield and flower bud quality of broccoli (Brassica oleracea). Current Agriculture Research Journal, 5, 108-115.
41. Tavallali, V., Rahemi, M., Maftoun, M., Panahi, B., Karimi, S., Ramezanian, A. & Vaezpour, M. (2009). Zinc influence and salt stress on photosynthesis, water relations, and carbonic anhydrase activity in Pistachio. Scientia Horticulturae, 123, 272-279.
42. Thalooth, A. T., Tawfik, M. M. & Mohamed, H. M. (2006). A comparative study on the effect of foliar application of zinc, potassium and magnesium on growth, yield and some chemical constituents of mungbean plants grown under water stress conditions. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 2, 37-46.
43. Wang, X., Cai, X, Xu, C., Wang, Q. & Dai, S. (2016). Drought-responsive mechanisms in plant leaves revealed by proteomics. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 17, 1-30.