Akhtar, S.S., Andersen, M.N. & Liu, F.L. (2015). Biochar mitigates salinity stress in potato. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 201, 368-378.
Alburquerque, J. A., Salazar, P., Barrón, V., Torrent, J., del Campillo, M. D. C., Gallardo, A. & Villar, R. (2013). Enhanced wheat yield by biochar addition under different mineral fertilization levels. Agronomy for Sustainable Development, 33, 475-484.
Arabzadeh, S., Shamsaldini, N., Abdollahi, A. & Karminejad Asl, F. (2013). Advantages of compost and vermicompost. In: Proceeding of 2nd National Congress on Sustainable Agricultural Development and Healthy Environment, 12 Sep. Hamedan Islamic Azad University, Hamedan, Iran, pp. 1-8.
Arif, M., Ali, A., Umair, M., Munsif, F., Ali, K., Inamullah, M. S. & Ayub, G. (2012). Effect of biochar FYM and mineral nitrogen alone and in combination on yield and yield components of maize. Sarhad Journal of Agriculture, 28, 191-195.
Chaudhry, U.K., Shahzad, S., Naqqash, M.N., Saboor, A., Yaqoob, S., Salim, M. & Khalid, M. (2016). Integration of biochar and chemical fertilizer to enhance quality of soil and wheat crop (Triticum aestivum L.). Institute of Soil and Environmental Sciences. University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Curaqueo, G., Meier, S., Khan, N., Cea, M. & Navia, R. (2014). Use of biochar on two volcanic soils: effects on soil properties and barley yield. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 14, 911-924.
Diepenbrock, W. (2000). Yield analysis of winter oilseed rape. Field Crops Research, 67, 35-49.
Downie, A., Crosky, A. & Munroe, P. (2009). Physical properties of biochar. In: J. Lehmann & S. Joseph (Eds), Biochar for Environmental Management: Science and Technology. (pp. 13-32.) Earthscan.
Fardad, H. & Golkar, H. (2002). An economic evaluation of deficit irrigation on wheat yield in Karaj. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Science, 33, 305- 312. (In Farsi)
10. Gavili, E., Mousavi, A.A. & Kamgar-Haghighi, A.A. (2016). Effect of cattle manure biochar and drought stress on the growth characteristics and water use efficiency of Spinach under greenhouse conditions. Journal of Water Research in Agriculture, 30.2, 243-259. (In Farsi)
11. Glaser, B. & Birk, J. J. (2012). State of the scientific knowledge on properties and genesis of Anthropogenic Dark Earths in Central Amazonia (terra preta de Índio). Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 82, 39-51.
12. Glaser, B., Lehmann, J. & Zech, W. (2002). Ameliorating physical and chemical properties of highly weathered soils in the tropics with charcoal–a review. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 35, 219-230.
13. Hasanvand, H., Siadat, S.A., Moraditelavat, M.R., Mussavi, S.H. & Karaminejad, A. (2015). Yield and some morphological characteristics of two faba bean (Vicia faba L.) cultivars to different sowing dates in Ahwaz region. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production, 25, 79-89. (In Farsi)
14. Ippolito, J. A., Novak, J. M., Busscher, W. J., Ahmedna, M., Rehrah, D. & Watts, D. W. (2012). Switch grass biochar affects two Arid soils. Journal of Environmental Quality, 41, 1123-1130.
15. Kamara, A., Kamara, H.S. & Kamara, M.S. (2015). Effect of Rice Straw Biochar on Soil Quality and the Early Growth and Biomass Yield of Two Rice Varieties. Agricultural Sciences, 6, 798-806.
16. Kammann, C. I., Linsel, S., Gößling, J. W. & Koyro, H. W. (2011). Influence of biochar on drought tolerance of Chenopodium quinoa Wild and on soil–plant relations. Plant and Soil, 345, 195-210.
17. Katterer, T. (2012). Effects of applying biochar to soils from Embu, Kenya – Effects on crop residue decomposition and soil fertility under varying soil moisture levels. Bachelor Project. Faculty of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden.
18. Lack, S.h., Naderi, A. Saidat, A., Ayenehband, A., Nour-Mohammadi, G.H. & Moosavi, S.h. (2008). The effects of different levels of irrigation, nitrogen and plant population on yield, yield components and dry matter remobilization of corn at climatical conditions of Khuzestan
. Journal of Science and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources
, 11, 1-14. (In Farsi)
19. Lawlor, D. W. & Cornic, G. (2002). Photosynthetic carbon assimilation and associated metabolism in relation to water deficits in higher plants. Plant, Cell and Environment, 25, 275-294.
20. Levitt, J. (1980). Responses of Plants to Environmental Stresses: Water, radiation, salt, and other stresses (2nd ed.). Academic Press.
21. Mary, B., Recous, S., Darwis, D. & Robin, D. (1996). Interactions between decomposition of plant residues and nitrogen cycling in soil. Plant and Soil, 181, 71-82.
22. Mirzaei, R., Kambozia, J., Sahabi, H. & Mahdavi, A. (2009). Effect of different organic fertilizers on soil physicochemical properties, production and biomass yield of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research, 7, 257-268. (In Farsi)
23. Pannu, R. K. & Singh, D. P. (1993). Effect of irrigation on water use, water-use efficiency, growth and yield of mungbean. Field Crops Research, 31, 87-100.
24. Pookpakdi, A., Thiravirojana, K., Saeradee, I. & Chaikaew, S. (1990). Response of new soybean accessions to water stress during reproductive phase. Kasetsart Journal, Natural Sciences, 24, 378-387.
25. Peake, L. (2015). Biochar amendment to improve soil productivity with particular emphasis on the influence of soil type. Ph.D. Thesis. Faculty of Science University of East Anglia, England.
26. Smider, B. & Singh, B. (2014). Agronomic performance of a high ash biochar in two contrasting soils. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 191, 99-107.
27. Suppadit, T., Phumkokrak, N. & Poungsuk, P. (2012). The effect of using quail litter biochar on soybean (Glycine max [L.] Merr.) production. Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research, 72, 244-250.
28. Tate, R. L. (2000). Soil Microbiology (2nded.). John Wily and Sons Inc.
29. Tesfaye, K., Walker, S. & Tsubo, M. (2006). Radiation interception and radiation use efficiency of three grain legumes under water deficit conditions in a semi-arid environment. European Journal of Agronomy, 25, 60-70.
30. Vaccari, F. P., Baronti, S., Lugato, E., Genesio, L., Castaldi, S., Fornasier, F. & Miglietta, F. (2011). Biochar as a strategy to sequester carbon and increase yield in durum wheat. European Journal of Agronomy, 34, 231-238.