Ahmed, F.E. & Suliman, A.S.H. (2010). Effect of water stress applied at different stages of growth on seed yield and water use efficiency of cowpea. Agriculture and Biology Journal of North America, 1(4), 534-540.
Alonso, R., Elvira, S., Castillo, F.J. & Gimeno, B.S. (2001). Interactive effects of ozone and drought stress on pigments and activities of antioxidative enzymes in Pinus halepensis. Plant Cell and Environment, 24(4), 905-916.
Anjum, S.A., Wang, L.C., Farooq, M., Hussain, M., Xue, L.L. & Zou, C.M. (2011). Brassinolide application improves the drought tolerance in maize through modulation of enzymatic antioxidants and leaf gas exchange. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 197(3), 177-185.
Armand, N., Amiri, H. & Ismaili, A. (2016). Interaction of methanol spray and water-deficit stress on photosynthesis and biochemical characteristics of Phaseolus vulgaris L. cv. Sadry. Photochemistry and Photobiology, 92, 102-110.
Arnon, D.I. (1949). Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts polyphenoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiology, 24(1), 1-15.
Asghari, M. & Zahedipour, P. (2016). 24-Epibrassinolide acts as a growth-promoting and resistance-mediating factor in strawberry plants. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, 35(3), 722-729.
Bajguz, A. & Hayat, S. (2009). Effects of brassinosteroids on the plant responses to environmental stresses. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 47(1), 1-8.
Bastos, E.A., Nascimento, S.P., Silva, E.M., Filho, F.R.F. & Gomide, R.L. (2011). Identification of cowpea genotypes for drought tolerance. Revista Ciencia Agronomica, 42(1), 100-107.
Bera, A.K., Pramanik, k. & Mandal, B. (2014). Response of biofertilizers and homobrassinolide on growth, yield and oil content of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). African Journal of Agricultural Research, 9 (48), 3494-3503.
10. Contour-Ansel, D., Torres-Franklin, M.L., Zuily-Fodil, Y. & Cruz de Carvalho, M.H. (2010). An aspartic acid protease from common bean is expressed 'on call' during water stress and early recovery. Journal of Plant Physiology, 167, 1606-1612.
11. Fariduddin, Q., Khanam, S., Hasan, S.A., Ali, B., Hayat, S. & Ahmad, A. (2009). Effect of 28-homobrassinolide on the drought stress induced changes in photosynthesis and antioxidant system of Brassica juncea L. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 31, 889-897.
12. Farooq, M., Wahid, A., Kobayashi, N., Fujita, D. & Basra, S.M.A. (2009). Plant drought stress: effects, mechanisms and management. Agronomy for Sustainable Development, 29, 185-212.
14. German, C., Teran, H. & Allen, R.G. (2006). Selection for drought resistance in dry bean landraces and cultivars. Crop Science, 46, 2111-2120.
15. Gupta, N.K., Gupta, S. & Kumar, A. (2001). Effect of Water Stress on physiological attributes and their relationship with growth and yield of wheat cultivars at different stages. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 186, 55-62.
16. Hosseinzadeh, S.R., Amiri, H. & Ismaili, A. (2015). Effect of vermicompost fertilizer on photosynthetic characteristics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under drought stress. Photosynthetica, 54(1), 87-92.
17. Keller, J. & Bliesner, R.D. (1990). Sprinkler and trickle irrigation. Anavi book. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York. Pp 652.
18. Medrano, H., Escalona, J.M., Bota, J., Gulias, J. & Flexas, J. (2002). Regulation of photosynthesis of C3 plant in response to progressive drought: stomatal conductance as a reference parameter. Annals of Botany, 89, 895-905.
19. Miyashita, K., Tanakamaru, S., Maitani, T. & Kimura, K. (2005). Recovery responses of photosynthesis, transpiration, and stomatal conductance in kidney bean following drought stress. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 53(2), 205-214.
20. Munoz-Perea, C.G., Teran, H., Allen, R.G., Wright, J.L., Westermann, D.T. & Singh, S.P. (2006). Selection for drought resistance in dry bean landraces and cultivars. Crop Science, 46, 2111-2120.
21. Reddy, A.R., Chaitanya, K.V. & Vivekanandan, M. (2004). Drought-induced response of photosynthesis and antioxidant metabolism in higher plants. Journal of Plant Physiology, 161, 1189-1202.
22. Sengupta, K., Mitra, S. & Ray, M. (2009). Effect of brassinolide on growth and yield of summer greengram crop. Indian Agriculturist, 53(3/4), 155-157.
23. Szilagyi, L. (2003). Influence of drought on seed yield components in common bean. Bulgarian Journal of Plant Physiology. Special Issue, 320-330.
24. Talaat, N.B. & Shawky, B.T. (2012). 24-Epibrassinolide ameliorates the saline stress and improves the productivity of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Environmental and Experimental Botany, 82, 80-88.
25. Talaat, N.B. & Shawky, B.T. (2016). Dual application of 24-epibrassinolide and spermine confers drought stress tolerance in maize (Zea mays L.) by modulating polyamine and protein metabolism. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation. DOI: 10.1007/s00344-015-9557-y.
26. Teran, H. & Singh, S.P. (2002). Comparison of sources and lines selected for drought resistance in common bean. Crop Science, 42(1), 64-70.
27. Thussagunpanit, J., Jutamanee, K., Sonjaroon, W., Kaveeta, L., Chai-Arree, W., Pankean, P. & Suksamrarn, A. (2015). Effects of brassinosteroid and brassinosteroid mimic on photosynthetic efficiency and rice yield under heat stress. Photosynthetica, 53(2), 312-320.
28. Tuba Bicer, B., Narin Kalender, A. & Akar, D.A. (2004). The effect of irrigation on spring-sown Chickpea. Journal of Agronomy, 3, 154-158.
29. Upreti, K.K. & Murti, G.S.R. (2004). Effects of brassinosteroids on growth, nodulation, phytohormone content and nitrogenase activity in French bean under water stress. Biologia Plantarum, 48(3), 407-411.
30. Vardhini, B.V. & Anjum, N.A. (2015). Brassinosteroids make plant life easier under abiotic stresses mainly by modulating major components of antioxidant defense system. Frontiers in Environmental Science. DOI: 10.3389/fenvs.2014.00067.
31. Xia, J.X., Huang, L.F., Zhou, Y.H., Mao, W.H., Shi, K., Wu, J.X., Asami, T., Chen, Z. & Yu, J.Q. (2009). Brassinosteroids promote photosynthesis and growth by enhancing activation of Rubisco and expression of photosynthetic genes in Cucumis sativus. Planta, 230, 1185-1196.
32. Yu, J.Q., Huang, L.F., Hu, W.H., Zhou, Y.H., Mao, W.H., Ye, S.F. & Nogues, S.A. (2004). A role of brassinosteroids in the regulation of photosynthesis in Cucumis sativus. Journal of Experimental Botany, 55, 1135-1143.
33. Zhang, M., Zhai, Z., Tian, X., Duan, L. & Li, Z. (2008). Brassinolide alleviated the adverse effect of water deficits on photosynthesis and the antioxidant of soybean (Glycine max L.). Plant Growth Regulation, 56, 257-264.