نوع مقاله : مقاله پژوهشی
1 دانشگاه گیلان
2 مرکز تحقیقات کشاورزی و منابع طبیعی
3 دانشگاه یاسوج
عنوان مقاله [English]
Drought stress is considered as one of the most important limiting factors in plant production. In the present study, 142 recombinant inbred lines (RILs) derived from IR28 and Shahpasand were investigated in Faculty of Agricultural Sciences University of Guilan during spring and summer 2015. After recording of yield under normal and drought stress conditions, in order to determine the drought tolerant lines were used tolerance indices and microsatellites markers that identified as linked to drought stress. According to the cluster analysis results, all of lines were divided to four groups. In this grouping two lines (37 and 144) a long with another sub group with 11 lines were most tolerant lines based on tolerance indices (GMP, STI and MP). Average yield of these 13 lines under normal and drought stress condition were 5.086 and 4.678 t/ha respectively. In order to validate identified markers for drought stress identified in previous studies, a stepwise regression was performed. The marker RM7 for all dependents variables, RM231 for yield under two conditions, STI and RM302 for yield under two conditions, GMP, and MP were significant and thereafter RM12091, RM19367 and RM10793 were the next important markers. Association analysis revealed 51.4% of variation of yield under drought stress was explained by RM7, RM231, RM302, RM12091 and RM19367 markers that can be indicative a confirmation of these markers importance in present genetic background.
10. Fischer, R.A. & Maurer. R. (1978). Drought resistance in spring wheat Cultivars. I. Grain yield response. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research, 29, 897-912.
11. Freeling, M. (2001) Grasses as a single genetic system reassessment (2001). Plant Physiology 125, 1191-1197.
12. Ghiasy Oskoee, M., Farahbakhsh, H., Sabouri, H. & Mohamadi Nejad. Gh. (2012). Effect of drought stress on yield and yield components in rice landraces and improved cultivars under Gonbad Kavous environmental condition. Cereal Research, 2(3), 165-179.
13. Ghimire, K.H., Quiatchon, L.A., Vikram, P., Mallikarjuna Swamy, B.P., Dixit, S., Ahmed, H., Hernandez, J.E., Borromeo, T.H., Kumar, A. (2012). Identification and mapping of a QTL (qDTY 1.1) with a consistent effect on grain yield under drought. Field Crops Research, 131, 88-96.
14. Hu, S., Yang, H., Zou, G., Liu, H., Liu, G., Mei, H., Cai, R., Li, M. & Luo, L. (2007). Relationship between coleoptile length and drought resistance and their QTL mapping in rice. Rice Science, 14, 13–20.
15. Karim Koshteh, R. & Sabouri. H. (2015). Rice drought-tolerant genotypes recognition using multivariate analysis. Agroecology Journal. 11(4), 13-24.
16. Karimi, H. (2008). Crops. Tehran University. Sixth Edition. (In Farsi).
17. Kumar, A., Verulkar, S.B., Dixit, S, Chauhan, B., Bernier, J., Venuprasad, R., Zhao, D. & Shrivastava, M.N. (2009). Yield and yield-attributing traits of rice (Oryza sativa L.) under lowland drought and suitability of early vigor as a selection criterion. Field Crops Research 114, 99–107.
18. Mishra, K.K., Vikram, P., Yadaw, R.B., Swamy, B.P.M., Dixit, S., Sta Cruz, M.T., Maturan, P., Marker, S. & Kumar, A. (2013). qDTY 12.1: a locus with a consistent effect on grain yield under drought in rice. BMC Genetics. 14, 12.
19. Nicholas, F.W. (2006). Discovery, validation, and delivery of DNA markers. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture. 46, 155-158.
20. Price, A.H. & Courtois, B. (1999). Mapping QTLs associated with drought resistance in rice: progress, problems and prospects. Plant Growth Regulation. 29, 123–133.
21. Rahimi, M, Rabiei, B., Dehghani, H. & Tarang, A.R. (2014). Mapping main and epistatic QTLs for drought tolerance indices in F5 population of rice. Modern Genetics Journal. 8 (4), 435-448.
22. Rosielle, A.A. & Hamblin, J. (1981). Theoretical aspect of selection for yield in stress and non- stress environment. Corp Science. 21, 943-946.
23. Sabouri, H., Sabouri, A. & Khatami Nejad, R. (2012). Mapping QTLs linked to some traits related to drought stress in rice. Journal of Crop Production and Processing. 2 (4), 1-12.
24. Saghai Mroof, M.A., Biyashev, R.M., Yang, G.P, Zhang, Q. & Allard, R.W. (1994). Extraordinarily polymorphic DNA in barely species diversity, chromosomal location, and population dynamics, Proceeding of the Natioal Academy of Sceinces. USA. 91, 5466-5570.
25. Safaei-Chaeikar, S., Rabiei, B., Samizadeh, H. & Esfahani, M. (2008). Evaluation of tolerance to terminal drought stress in rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes. Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences. 9 (4), 315-331.(In Farsi)
26. Singh, V.P., Singh, R.K., Singh, B.B. & Zeigler, R.S. (eds). (1996). Physiology of Stress Tolerance in Rice: Proceedings of the International Conference on Stress Physiology of Rice, 28 Feb-5 March 1994, Lucknow, U.P., India, 239 p.
27. Switzer, R.C., Merril, C.R. & Shifrin, S. (1979). A highly sensitive silver stain for detecting proteins and peptides in polyacrylamide gels. Analytical Biochemistry. 98(1), 231-237.
28. Thomson, M.J., de Ocampo M., Egdane, J., Akhlasor Rahman, M., Godwin Sajise, A., Adorada, D.L., Tumimbang-Raiz, E., Blumwald, E., Seraj, Z.I., Singh, R.K., Gregorio, G.B. & Ismail, A.M. (2010). Characterizing the Saltol quantitative trait locus for salinity tolerance in rice. Rice. 3(2), 148-160.
29. Tiwari, S., SL, K., Kumar, V., Singh, B., Rao, A., Mithra SV, A., Rai, V., Singh, A.K. & Singh, N.K. (2016). Mapping QTLs for salt tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L.) by bulked segregant analysis of recombinant inbred lines using 50K SNP chip. PLoS ONE 11(4), 1-19.
30. Venuprasad, R., Bool, M.E., Quiatchon, L. & Atlin, G.N. (2012a). A QTL for rice grain yield in aerobic environments with large effects in three genetic backgrounds. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. 124, 323-332.
31. Venuprasad, R., Bool, M.E., Quiatchon, L., Sta Cruz, M.T., Amante, M. & Atlin, G.N. (2012b). A large effect QTL for rice grain yield under upland drought stress on chromosome 1. Molecular Breeding 30, 535-547.
32. Venuprasad, R., Dalid, C.O., Del Valle, M., Zhao, D., Espiritu, M., Sta Cruz, M.T., Amante, M., Kumar, A. & Atlin, G.N. (2009). Identification and characterization of large-effect quantitative trait loci for grain yield under lowland drought stress in rice using bulk-segregant analysis. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. 120, 177–190.
33. Venuprasad, R., Sta Cruz, M.T., Amante, M., Magbanua, R., Kumar, A. & Atlin, G.N. (2008). Response to two cycles of divergent selection for grain yield under drought stress in four rice breeding populations. Field Crops Research, 107, 232–244.
34. Verma, S.K., Saxena, R.R., Saxena, R.R., Xalxo, M.S. & Verulkar S.B. (2014b). QTL for grain yield under water stress and non-stress conditions over years in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Australian Journal of Crop Science. 8(6), 916-926.
35. Vikram, P., Mallikarjuna Swamy, B.P., Dixit, S., Ahmed, H.U., Sta Cruz, M.T., Singh, A.K. & Kumar, A. (2011). qDTY 1.1, a major QTL for rice grain yield under reproductive-stage drought stress with a consistent effect in multiple elite genetic backgrounds. BMC Genetics. 12, 89.
36. Wang, X., Zhu, J., Mansueto, L. & Bruskiewich, R. (2005). Identification of candidate genes for drought stress tolerance in rice by the integration of a genetic (QTL) map with the rice genome physical map. Journal of Zhejiang University Science B. 6(5), 382-388.
37. Yadaw, R.B., Dixit, S., Raman, A., Mishra, K.K., Vikram, P., Swamy, B.P.M., Sta Cruz, M.T., Maturan, P.T., Pandey, M. & Kumar, A. (2013). A QTL for high grain yield under lowland drought in the background of popular rice variety Sabitri from Nepal. Field Crops Research. 144, 281–287.