عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Effect of storage temperature, seed moisture content and storage duration was studied in a factorial experiment with 3 factors include temperature(5, 19 and 33˚C), moisture content(5, 12 and 19%) and time (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 month) in completely randomized design. After sampling at the end of each month, standard germination test and electrical conductivity test were done. The results showed that interaction of time, temperature and moisture content were significantly affected the percent germination, germination rate and electrical conductivity of seed exudates. Lowest deterioration level was in 5% moisture content and 5˚C after one month of storage which percent germination was reduced from 98% to 92% in lentil and from 99% to 98% in chickpea. With time spending electrical conductivity was reduced. V= Ki- p /10KE – CW log10 m – CH t – CQ t is seed viability equation and KE, CW, CH and CQ are viability constant which were calculated with data from six month storage of seeds and their value for lentil and chickpea were 4.2919, 1.4928, 0.0244 and 0.00017 and 8.5067, 4.5238, 0.0486 and 0.00028 accordingly.
10. Dehghan M. & Sharizadeh F. (2012) The estimation of viability equation in seeds of perennial rye (Secale montanum) under different conditions of temperature and moisture content. Agro. Jou. (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi)، 94 (2)، 16-22.
11. Ellis, R.H. & Hong, T.D. (2007). Quantitative response of the longevity of seed of twelve crops to temperature and moisture in hermeric storage. Seed Sci. Tech, 35,432-444.
12. Ellis, R.H. & Roberts, E.H. (1981). The quantification of aging and survival in orthodox seeds. Seed Sci. Tech, 9, 373-409.
13. Ellis, R.H. & Roberts, E.H. (1980). Improved equations for the prediction of seed longevity. Ann. Bot., 45, 13-30.
14. Ellis, R., Osei-Bonsu, K., Roberts E. (1982). The influence of genotype, temperature and moisture on seed longevity in chickpea, cowpea and soya bean. Ann. Bot. 50: 69-82.
15. Ellis, R.H. (1988). The viability equation, seed viability monographs and practical advanced on seed storage. Seed Sci. Tech. 16:29-50.
Ghaderi-Far F., Soltani A., Sadeghipour H.R. (2010) Determination of seed viability constants in medicinal pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L. subsp. Pepo. Convar. Pepo var. styriaca Greb), borago (Borago officinalis L.) and black cumin (Nigella sativa L.). Jou. of Plant Product., 17 (3), 53-66.
16. Goel, A. & Sheoran, L.S. (2003). Lipid peroxidation and peroxidescavenging enzymes in cotton seeds under natural ageing. Biol. Plant, 46, 429-434.
17. Hampton, J.G. & TecKrony, D.M. (1995). Handbook of vigor test methods. The International Seed Testing Association, Zurich, 117p.
18. 14. Harrington, J.F. (1972). Seed storage and longevity, P 145-245. In: T.T. Kozlowski (ed.) Seed bio. Vol. 3. Academic Press, New York.
19. Hung, L.Q., Hong, T.D. & Ellis, R.H. (2001). Constant, fluctuating and effective temperature and seed longevity: a tomato (Lycopersiconesculentum Mill.) example. Ann. of Bot., 88, 465-470.
20. International rules for seed testing. (1986). Published by the International Seed Testing Association. Zurich.
21. International rules for seed testing. (2010). Published by the International Seed Testing Association. Zurich.
22. Jatoi, S.A., Afzal, M., Nasim S. & Anwar R. (2001). Seed deterioration study in pea, using accelerated ageing techniques. Pakistan J. Biolo. Sci.,4(12), 1490-1494.
23. Kirshnan, P., Nagarajan, S., Dadlani, M. & Moharir, A.V. (2003). Characterization of wheat (Triticum aestivum) and soybean (Glycine max) seeds under accelerated ageing condition by proton nuclear magnetic spectroscopy. Seed Sci. Tech, 31,541-550.
24. Kapoor, N., Arya, A., Siddiqui M.A., Amir A., Kumar H. (2010). Seed Deterioration in Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under Accelerated Ageing. Asian J.Plant Sci., 9 (3), 158-162.
25. Kibinza, S., Vinel, D., Côme D., Bailly C., Corbineau F. (2006). Sunflower seed deterioration as related to moisture content during ageing, energy metabolism and active oxygen species scavenging. Physiol. Planta. 128(3),496-506.
26. Liu, K., Eastwood, R. J., Flynn, S., Turner, R.M. & Stuppy, W.H. (2008). Seed information database. http:// www.kew.org/data/sid.
27. Loeffler, T.M., Tekrony, D.M., & Egli, D.B., (1988). The bulk conductivity test as an indicator of soybean seed quality. Jou. of Seed Tech., 12, 37-53.
28. Marshal, A., & Lewis, D.N. (2004). Influence of seed storage conditions on seedling emergence, seedling growth and dry matter production of temperate forage grasses. Seed Sci. Tech, 32, 493-501.
29. Mirdad, Z., Powell, A.A. and Matthews S. (2006). Prediction of germination in artificially aged seeds of Brassica spp using the bulk conductivity test. Seed Sci. Tech. 24,328-340.
30. Pieta Filho, C. and Ellis, R.H. (1992). Estimating the value of the seed lot constant (Ki) of the seed viability equation in barley and wheat. Seed Sci. Tech. 20, 93-99.
31. Pradidwong, S, Isarasenee, A, & Pawelzik, E. (2004). Prediction of mungbean seed longevity and quality using the relationship of seed moisture content and storage temperature. Deutscher Tropentag, October 5- 7, Berlin.
32. Roberts, E.H. and Abdalla, F.H. (1968). The influence of temperature, moisture and oxygen on the period of seed viability in barley, broad bean and beans. Ann. Bot. 32, 97-117.
33. Roberval, D., & Maristela, P. (2007). Electrical conductivity and deterioration of soybean seeds exposed to different storage conditions. Revista Brasileira de Sementes, 29, 97-105.
34. Tang, Sh, Dennis, M., & TeKrony, B. (2000). An alternative model to predict corn seed deterioration during Storage. Crop Sci., 40, 463-470.
35. Tang, S., Tekriny, D.M., Egli, D.B. & Cornelius, P.L. (1999). Survival characteristics of corn seed during storage. II. Rate of seed deterioration. Crop Sci., 39, 1400-1406.
36. Tang, S., Tekriny, D.M., Egli, D.B., & Cornelius, P.L. (2000). An alternative model to predict corn seed deterioration during storage. Crop Sci., 40, 463-470.
37. Tao, J.K. (1978). Factors causing variations in the conductivity test for soybean seeds. Jou. of Seed Tech., 3, 10-18.
38. Usberti, R. (2007). Performance of topical forage grass (Brachiariabri zantha) dormant seed under controlled storage. Seed Sci. Tech, 35, 402-413.
39. Usberti, R., Roberts, E.H., & Ellis, R.H. (2006). Prediction of cotton seed longevity. Pesq. Agro. Brasil., 41, 9, 1435-1441.