عنوان مقاله [English]
Regarding the development of medicinal plants cultivation and the increase of saline lands, as well as the increasing importance of using biological fertilizers in order to achieve sustainable agriculture, the present study was conducted to investigate the response of germination and biochemical indices of fennel to inoculation with growth promoting rhizobacteria under salt stress conditions. This experiment was conducted as a factorial based on two factors in a completely randomized design with four replications by inoculating seeds with bacteria in 5 levels (PF2, PF56 of Pseudomonas fluorescent, Bacillus subtilis, Azotobacter sp. and non-inoculation) salinity stress in three levels (0, -4 and -8 bar imposed by NaCl) at laboratory of agriculture faculty of Yasouj University in 2015. The results showed that salinity stress decreased soluble protein content, ascorbate peroxidase enzyme activity, P content, K content, germination percentage, weight and length vigors, and increased Na content and Na/K ratio. In all three levels of salinity stress, the highest and lowest germination percentage was obtained from seeds inoculated with PF2 strain and non-inoculated seeds, respectively. In salinity level of -8 bar, the highest soluble protein content (0.841 mM. g-1 FW) and the least ratio Na/K (0.674 %) was obtained from PF2 strain and also lowest soluble protein content (0.0531 mM. g-1 FW) and the highest Na/K ratio (1/081) was related to control (0bar) treatment. In general, biological treatments were effective in improving germination and increasing the activity of antioxidant enzymes under salinity stress conditions in fennel.
10. Cacmak, I. & Horst, W. (1991). Effect of aluminum on lipid peroxidation, superoxide dismutase, catalase and peroxidase activities in root tip soybean. Plant Physiology, 83: 463- 468.
11. Chamani, F., Habibi, D., Khodabandeh, N., Davarifard, M. & Asgharzadeh, A. (2012). Effect of salinity stress on grain yield and activity of wheat antioxidant enzymes inoculated with growth promoting bacteria (Azotobacter chrocum, Azospirilum lipophorum, Pseudomonas putida) and humic acid. Journal of Agronomy and Plant Breeding, 8: 55-39.
12. De, R. & Kar, R. K. (1994). Seed germination and seedling growth of mung bean (Vigna radiata) under water stress induced by PEG-6000. Seed Science and Technology, 23: 301-308.
13. Emami, A. (1996). Plant decomposition methods. Soil and Water Research Institute, Agricultural Research and Education Organization, Ministry of Agriculture, Tehran.
14. Erturk, Y., Cakmakci, R., Duyar, O. & Turan, M. (2011). The effects of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria on vegetative growth and leaf nutrient contents of hazelnut seedling (Turkish hazelnutcv. Tombul & Sivri). International Journal of Soil Science, 6(3): 188-198.
15. Fazeliniya, B. Mazarei, A. & Sobhanizadeh, A. (2015). Effect of magnetic field on growth and buds of fennel plant seeds under salt stress. Second International Conference on Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Medicinal Plants. Fereydoun Shahr, Payame Noor University of Fereydoun Shahr.
16. Feizi, E. & Moradi. A. (2017). Effect of priming on germination and some biochemical traits of Trigonella gracum seeds. The Second International Congress and 14th National Congress on Agriculture and Plant Breeding in Iran. 9-11 September. University of Guilan. Rasht. Iran.
17. Gholami, A., S. Shahsavani, and S. Nezarat. 2009. The effect of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) on germination, seedling growth and yield of maize. Proceedings of World Academy of Science. Enginering and Technology. 37 :2070-3740.
18. Glick, B. R., Karaturovic, D. M. & Newell, P. C. (1995). A novel procedure for rapid isolation of plant growth promoting Pseudomanads. Canadian Journal of Microbiology, 41, 533-536.
19. Glick, B. R. (2005). Modulation of plant ethylene levels by the bacterial enzyme ACC deaminase. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 251: 1–7
20. Golpayegani, A. & Gholami Tilebeni, H. (2011). Effect of biological fertilizers on biochemical and physiological parameters of basil (Ociumum basilicm L.) medicine plant. American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Science, 11 (3): 445-450.
21. Habib, S. H., Hossain, K. & Saud. Halimi, M. (2016). Plant Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria Enhance Salinity Stress Tolerance in Okra through ROS-Scavenging Enzymes. Bio Med Research International, 10, 1-10.
22. Hamdia, M. A., Shaddad, M. A. K. & Doaa, M. M. (2004). Mechanisms of salt tolerance and interactive effects of Azospirillum brasilense inoculation on maize cultivars grown under salt stress conditions. Plant Growth Regulation, 44: 165–174.
23. Han, H. S. & Lee, K. D. (2006). Effect of inoculate on with phosphate and potassium co-in solubilizing bacteria on mineral uptake and growth of pepper and cucumber. Plant Soil and Environment, 52: 130-136.
24. Hawkesford, M., Horst, W., Kichey, T., Lambers, H., Schjoerring, J., Skrumsager Moller, I. & White, P. (2012). Functions of macronutrients. In: P. Marschner, mineral nutrition of higher plants (pp 135–189). Academic Press, London, U.K.
25. Hoseini Moghadam, M., Moradi, A., Baluchi H. R. & Salehi, A. (2017). Effect of different biological treatments on germination and seedlings of Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare L.) under drought stress. Iranian Journal of Seeds Science and Technology (in Farsi).
26. Ikic, I., Maric, M., Tomasovic, S., Gunjaca, J., Atovic, Z. S. & Arcevic, H. S.) 2012(. The effect of germination temperature on seed dormancy in Croatian-grown winter wheat. Euphytica, 188: 25-34.
27. Jahanian, A., Chaichi, M. R., Rezaei, K., Rezayazdi, K. & Khavazi, K. (2012). The effect of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) on germination and primary growth of artichoke (Cynara scolymus). International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences, 4(14), 923-929.
28. Kaymak, H. A., Guvenc, I., Yarali, F. & Denmez, M. F. (2009). The effects of bio-priming with PGPR on germination of radish (Raphanus sativus L.) seeds under saline conditions. Turkish Journal ofAgriculture, 33: 173-179.
29. Khoshvaghti, H., Akrami, M., Yusefi, M., Baserkouchehbagh, S. & Hoseini, M. (2013). Influence of seed inoculation with biological fertilizer on fennel (Foeniculum Vulgare) and coriander (Coriandrum Sativum) germination. International Journal of Biosciences, 3(11): 108-114.
30. Liu, J., Tong, L. P., Shen, T. W., Li, J., Wu, L. & Yu, Z. L. (2007). Impact of ion implantation on licorice (Glycyrrhize uralensis) growth and antioxidant activity under drought stress. Plasma Science and Technology, 9 (3): 301-306.
31. MaaliAmiri. R., Yur'eva, N. O., Shimshilashvili, K. R., Goldenkova-Pavlova, I. V., Pchelkin V. P., Kuznitsova, E. I., Tsydendambaev, V. D., Trunova, T. I., Los, D. A., SalehiJouzani, G. R. & Nosov, A. M. (2010). Expression of acyl-lipid Δ12-desaturase gene in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells and its effect on cold stress tolerance of potato. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology, 52: 289-297.
32. Makäli, H., Atabakhshandeh, P. & Mojarad, N. (2013). Effect of salinity on germination of fennel seeds. First National Conference on Agricultural Science, Payame Noor University.
33. Margesin, R. & F. Schinner. (2001). Potential of halotolerant and halophilic microorganisms for biotechnology. Extremophiles, 5: 73–83.
34. Mesri, F. & Piri, R. (2013). Effect of drought stress induced by PEG and salinity stress on germination traits, proline changes, carbohydrates and antioxidant enzymes in three cultivars of medicinal plant. Second International Management Conference, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development.
35. Metwali, M. R., Abdelmoneim, S., Bakheit, M. A. & Kadasa, M. S. (2015). Alleviation of salinity stress in faba bean (Vicia faba L.) plants by inoculation with plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR). Plant Omics Journal, 8(5): 449-46.
36. Mirshekari, B. & Baser, S. (2009). The effects of seed inoculation with nitragin on germination and early growth of oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.), sesame (Sesamum indicum) and sunflower (Helianthus annus L.). New Journal of Agriculture. 5(17): 91-100. (In Farsi).
37. Misra, N. & Dwivedi, U. N. (1995). Carbohydrate metabolism during seed germination and seedling growth in green gram under saline stress. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 33: 33-40.
38. Moradi, A. & Piri, R. (2018). Enhancement of salinity stress tolerance in Cumin (Cuminum cyminum L.) as affected by plant growth promoting rhizobactria during germination stage. Journal of Plant Process and Function, 6(22): 47-53.
39. Moradi, N., Izadi Darandi, A., Bahmani, K., Fazel Najafabadi, M. & Sadat Nouri, S. A. (2012). Effect of drought stress on 15 Iranian fennel populations at germination stage. Third National Conference on Agricultural and Food Industries. Islamic Azad University of Fasa.
40. Nakano, Y. & Asada, K. (1987). Purification of ascorbate peroxidase in spinach chloroplast: inactivation in ascorbate-depleted medium and reactivation by monodehydroascorbate radical. Plant Cell Physiology, 28: 131-140.
41. Nezami, A., Nabati, J., Kafi, M. & Mohseni, M. (2009). Evaluation of salinity tolerance at emergence and seedling stages of kochia under control environment. Environmental Stresses in Agricultural Science, 1(1): 69-77. (In Farsi)
42. Nidhi, B., Barnawal, D., Awasthi, A., Yadav, A. & Kalra, A. (2014) Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria alleviate salinity induced negative effects on growth, oil content and physiological status in Mentha arvensis. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 36: 45–60.
43. Oussalah, M., Caillet, S., Saucier, L. & Lacroix, M. (2007). Inhibitory effects of selected plant essential oils on the growth of four pathogenic bacteria: E. coli O157: H7, Salmonella Typhimurium, Staphylococcus aureus and Listeria monocytogenes. Food Control, 18: 414-420.
44. Patterson, B., Macrae, E. & Ferguson, I. (1984) Estimation of hydrogen peroxide in plant extracts using titanium (IV). Annual Biochemical, 139: 487-492.
45. Piri, R. Moradi. A., Maghsoudi. A., Fereydoni M. J. & Amrolahi, M. H. (2017). Effect of seed primer on plant growth retardant bacteria on germination indices and seedling cumin seeds (Cuminum cyminum L.) under drought stress. The Second International Congress and 14th National Congress on Agriculture and Plant Breeding in Iran. 9-11 September. University of Guilan. Rasht. Iran.
46. Roodbari, N., Lahooti, M., Aein, A., ganjali, A. & Roodbari, S. (2013). The Effect of Salinity Stress on Germination and Seedling Growth of Cumin (Cuminum Cyminum L.). Journal of Agriculture and Food Technology. 3(5): 1-4. (In Farsi)
47. Selvaraj T., Rajeshkumar S., Nisha M. C., Wondimu L. & Mitiku T. (2008). Effect of Glomus mosseae and plant growth promoting-rhizomicro-organisms (PGPR’s) on growth, Nutrients and content ofsecondary metabolites in Begonia malabarica Lam, Maejo. International Journal of science and technology, 2: 516-525.
48. ShahRajabian, M. H. & Moradi, K. (2009). The effect of hydropriming time on tomato seed germination percent and seedling early growth in salinity stress. Agricultural bulletin. Islamic Azad Univarsity, Takestan unit, 1(3): 26-32.
49. Sharma, S., Puri, S., Jamwal A., Bhattacharya, S., Dhindsa, N. & Thakur, K. (2014). Effect of salt stress on seedling growth and survival of Oenothera biennis L. International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, 3(9): 70-74,
50. Singh, G. S., Maurya, M. P., Lampasona, D. E. & Catalan, C. (2006). Chemical constituents, antifungaland antioxidative potential of Foeniculum vulgare volatile oil and its acetone extract. Journal of Food Control, 17: 745–752.
51. Sohrabiani, S. (2016). The effect of priming on germination indices and some enzymes of cumin seeds (Cuminum cyminum L.) with different life spans in terms of drought stress and salinity. Master's Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture Yasuj University, Yasuj, Iran.
52. Sori, N., Mosavi, F. & Sori, F. (2016). Investigation on the effect of salinity stress on seed germination of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare). The first national conference on the role of medicinal herbs in resilient economy.
53. Tobe, K. & Omasa, K. (2004). Effects of five different salts on seed germination and seedling growth of Haloxylon ammodendron (Chenopodiaceae). Seed Science Research, 14: 345-353.
54. Verma, S. K., Bjpai, G. C., Tewari, S. K. & Singh, J. (2005). Seedling index and yield as influenced by seed size in pigeon pea. Legume Research, 28 (2): 143-145.
55. Werner, D. 1992. Symbiosis of plant and microbes. Chapman and Hall. P: 49-167.
56. Wittenmayer, L. & Merbach, W. (2005). Plant responses to drought and phosphorus deficiency: contribution of phytohormones in root-related processes. Journal of Plant Nutrition. Soil Science, 168: 531–540.
57. Yao, L., Wu, Z., Zheng, Y., Kaleem I., & Li. C. (2010). Growth promotion and protection against salt stress by Pseudomonas putida Rs-198 on cotton. European Journal of Soil Biology, 46: 49-54.
58. Yildirim, E., M. FigenDonmez. & Turan, M. (2008). Mitigation of salt stress in radish (Raphanus sativus L.) by plant growth promoting rhizobacteria. Rumanian Biotechnological Letters, 13(5): 3933-3943.
59. Mohamad, A. A., Eichler-Löbermann, B. & Schnug, E. (2007). Response of crops to salinity under Egyptian conditions: a review. Landbauforschung Völkenrode, 2: 119-125.