نوع مقاله : مقاله پژوهشی
1 هئیت علمی
2 دانشجو دکتری
3 دانشجوی دکتری
عنوان مقاله [English]
Drought stress is one of the most important factors in arid and semiarid regions that lead to disorder in growth and development of plants especially at germination stage. Because of importance lentil, achieving genotype(s) that are capable of the drought stress at initiating growth stage is necessary. For this purpose, germination and plantlet growth of 49 genotypes were tested in drought stress conditions at four levels including 0 (control), -4, -8 and -12 Bar using PEG6000. This experiment was conducted at laboratory of Agronomy and Plant Breeding Department of University of Tehran in Karaj in 2016 as a factorial design in randomized complete block design (RCBD) with three replications. Traits that were studied including: germination percentage, germination rate, root length, shoot length, dry weight of roots and dry weight of shoots and allometry factor. Data were subjected to variance analysis and mean comparison. Results indicated that in most considered traits, effect of potential levels of genotypes and their interaction were significant. Result of simple correlation coefficient analysis indicated that germination percentage has the highest correlation with vigor germination (r=0.855) and speed germination (r=0.798). Factor analysis determined that two factors (germination and root traits) accounted 67% of the total variations among genotypes. In general, results represented that considerable genetic diversity was among genotypes. Regarding the studied traits, "6, 4 and 48" genotype had high tolerance to drought stress at germination stage, "34, 28” and “45" had low tolerance.
10. De, F. & Kar, R. K. (1995). Seed germination and seedling growth of mung bean (Vigna radiate) under water stress induced by PEG 6000. Seed Science and Technology.23: 301- 304.
11. Duman, I. (2006). Effects of Seed Priming with PEG or K3PO4 on Germination and Seedling Growth in Lettuce. Pakistan Journal Biologic Science. Vol: 923-928.
12. Eftekhari, S.Gh, FalahNosrat Abad, A.R., Akbari, Gh.A, Mohadesi, A. & Dadi, I. (2009). Effect of phosphate fertilizers and phosphate sollubilizing bacteria on growth of rice. Iranian Journal of Soil Research. 23(2): 230-238 (In Farsi).
13. Farokhi, A. & Galeshi, S. (2005). Evaluation of effect of salinity and seed size on germination, conversation of seed reserves and seedling growth soybean (Glycin max. L). Iranian Journal of Agricultural Scince. 36:5. 1233-1241(In Farsi).
14. Ghars, MA, Debez, A. & Abdelly, C. (2009). Interaction between salinity and original habitat during germination of the annual seashore halophyte Cakile maritima. Communications in soil science and plant analysis 40(19-20):3170-3180.
15. Gholami, P., Ghorbani, J. & Ghaderi, SH. (2010). Different levels of salinity and drought on seed germination properties Secale monatum in the early growth stages. Plant Eco physiology. 3:78-88. (In Farsi).
16. Grusak, M.A. (2009). Nutritional and health-benecial quality. In: Erskine, W., Muehlbauer, F.J., Sarker, A., Sharma, B. (Ed), The Lentil: Botany, Production and Uses. Wallingford: CABI, 368390.
17. ISTA. (2010). International rules for seed testing. International seed testing association (ISTA).
18. Jaleel C.A., P. Manivannan, A. Wahid, M. Farooq, H. Jasim, R. Somasundaram, & R. Pannerselvam, (2009). Drought stress in plants: a review on morphological characteristics and pigments composition. International Journal of Agriculture & Biology.11:100-105.
19. Kafi, M., Nezami, A., Hosseini, H. & Massumi, A. (2005). The physiological effects of drought stress induced by PEG 6000 on germination of lentil genotypes. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Researches, 3: 69-81. (In Farsi).
20. Khakwani AA, Dennett MD. & Munir M. (2011). Drought tolerance screening of wheat varieties by inducing water stress conditions. Songklanakarin Journal of Scince &Technology.33:135_142.
21. Khalid, R., Khan, K. S., Yousaf, M., Shabbir, G. & Subhani, A. (2009). Effect of sulfur fertilization on rapeseed and plant available sulfur in soils of Pothwar Pakistan. Sarhad Jornal of Agriculture. 25(1), 65-71.
22. Livington, N. J. & Jong, E. D. (1990). Matric and osmotic potential effects on seedling emergence at different temperatures. Agronomy Journal. 82: 995-998.
23. Lo´pez, R., Rodrı´guez-Calcerrada, J. & Gil, L. (2009). Physiological and morphological response to water deficit in seedlings of five provenances of Pinus canariensis: potential to detect variation in drought-tolerance. Trees, 23:509–519.
24. Majnon Hoseini, N., Tavakol Afshari, R. & Ehsanfar, S. (2002). Effects of drought stress induced by PEG in seed germination indices of wheat. In: 7th Iranian national Congress of Crop Science. 24-26 Aug. seed and Plant Improvement Institute. Karaj, Iran. pp. 559.
25. Mensah, J. K., Obadoni, B. O., Eruotor, P.G. & Onome-Irieguna, F. (2006). Simulated flooding and drought effects on germination, growth and yield parameters of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.).Africian Journal Biotechnology. 5(13): 1249-1253.
26. Michel, B. E. &. Kaufman, M. R. (1973). The osmotic potential of poly ethylene glycol 6000. Plant physiology. 51:914-916.
27. Muscoloa, A., Sidaria, M., Anastasib, U., Santonocetoa, C. & Maggioc, A. (2014). Effect of PEG-induced drought stress on seed germination of four lentil genotypes. Journal of Plant Interactions, 9(1), 354-363.
28. Okcu, G., Kaya, M. D. & Atak, M. (2005). Effects of salt and drought stresses on germination and seedling growth of pea (Pisum arietinum L.). Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 29: 237-242.
29. Opoku, G., Davies, F. M. Zetrio, E. V. & Camble, E. E. (1996). Relationship between seed vigor and yield of white beans (Phaseolos vulgaris L.). Plant Variety Seed. 9: 119-125.
30. Prisco, J.T., Babtista, C.R., Pinheiro, J.L. (1992). Hydration dehydration seed pre- treatment and its effects on seed germination under water stress condition. Brazilian Journal of Botany. 15(1), 31-35.
31. Rade, D. & Kar, R.K. (1995). Seed germination and seedling growth of mange bean (vigna vadiata) under water stress induced by PEG 6000. Seed Science and Technology, 23:301-308.
32. Rahimi, A., Jahansoz, M.R., Rahimian Mashhadi, H.R., Postini, K. & Sharifzade F. (2006). Effect of iso-osmotic salt and water stress on germination and seedling growth of two Plantago species. Pakistan Journal of Biological Science, 9: 2812-2817.
33. Salehi Far, M. (2010). The effect of drought stress on seedling germination and growth in 8 genotypes of bean. In: Proceeding of the 11th Iranian Congress of Crop Science. 24-26 July 2010. Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
34. Singh, K. B. & M. C. Saxena. (1993). Breeding for Stress Tolerance in Cool-Season Food Legumes. The Hague, the Netherlands: Martinus Nijhoff/Junk.
35. Soltani, A., Gholipoor, M., Zeinali, E. (2006). Seed reserve utilization and seedling growth of wheat as affected by drought and salinity. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 55, 195-200.
36. Sosa L, Llanes A, Reinoso H, Reginato M, Luna V. (2005). Osmotic and specific ion effects 0n the germination of Prosopis strombulifera. Annals of Botany. 96(2):261-267.
37. Yamamato, A., Turgeon, J. & Duich, J.M. (1997). Seedling emergence and growth of solid matrix primed Kentucky bluegrass seed. Crop Science.37:225.
38. Zeng, Y.J., Wang, Y.R. & Zhang, J.M. (2010). Is reduced seed germination due to water imitation a special survival strategy used by xerophytes in arid dunes? Journal of Arid Environments, 74(4): 508-511.